ROBERT J. FEDERMAN, D.D.S.
Dr. Robert J.
Federman is a general dentist and an expert in TMJ Disorders who has treated patients since 1977. Many Physicians, Dentist, Lawyers recognize Dr. Federman as an expert in TMJ Disorder and Dental Trauma Injury.
- The diagnosis and treatment of Temporomandibular Joint Disorders (TMJ).
- Facial pain disorder and treatment
- Traumatic dental injuries caused by auto accidents, workplace injuries, slip & fall and assault.
- Conservative treatment of modalities regarding TMJ diagnosis
- Treatment of TMJ disorders including nonsurgical treatment protocols or will require minimal invasive surgical procedures, such as TMJ arthroscopic surgery
- All phases of dentistry including dental implants, restorative dentistry, oral surgery, periodontal surgery, cosmetic dentistry and invisalign
- The legal expert in personal injury claim regarding TMJ-Related injuries caused by dental trauma and accidents
- Born in Brooklyn, New York, Robert J. Federman was born into a wholesale business family. At the age of 12, Robert loved science, medicine, and dentistry. Robert Federman pursued his childhood dream and went on to graduate from Georgetown University Dental School in Washington, DC in 1977. Dr. Federman would go on to attend a 10 month continuing education fellowship for the expertise, diagnosis, and treatment of TMJ disorders at the University of Medicine and Dentistry in Newark, New Jersey in 1987. Dr. Federman became the co-clinical Director at New York University School of Dentistry, Department of Continuing Education TMJ Department from 1987 to 1997. Dr. Federman became a fellow in the prestigious American academy of Orofacial Pain, considered the premier TMJ organization in the United States. In 1977, Dr. Robert J. Federman created Cranio Associates, a general dentistry TMJ practice that has been in practice for over 42 years.
- Doctor Federman continues to host seminars regarding physicians and dentist education in the diagnosis and treatment of TMJ issues and injuries caused by auto accidents, truck accident, bicycle accidents, slip and fall accidents, workplace injuries, and any other type of injury regarding TMJ
- Experience with Personal Injury Legal Profession
Doctor Federman works with the leading personal injury law firms, chiropractors, physical therapists, physicians, MRI centers and Hospitals, in reference to the diagnosis and treatment of TMJ disorders. Dr. Federman has over 42 years of experience writing narrative reports and going to trial in court, if ever necessary for a patient of an TMJ or dental injury suffered from the negligence of another Dentist. Doctor Federman has over 42 years of experience with legal services regarding, but not limited to:
- Workers Compensation
- Work-Related TMJ Injuries
- Car Accident TMJ Injuries
- Truck Accident TMJ Injuries
- Truck Accident TMJ-Related Injuries
- Train Accident TMJ-Related Injuries
- Recreational TMJ-Related Injuries
- Construction TMJ-Related Injuries
- Motorcycle TMJ-Related Injuries
- Bicycle TMJ-Related Injuries
- Scaffolding TMJ-Related Injuries
- Assault-Related TMJ-Related Injuries
- Defective Product TMJ-Related Injuries
- Medical Malpractice TMJ-Related Injuries
- Nursing Home Negligence That Results TMJ-Related Injuries
- Bus Accident TMJ-Related Injuries
- School Bus Accident TMJ-Related Injuries
Doctor Federman and Cranio Associates have multiple locations which include the primary location at 2185 Lemoine Avenue, Fort Lee, New Jersey 07024 and satellite locations in North Bergen, Newark, Paterson and East Orange.
Dr. David Hoffman, DDS, a maxillofacial surgeon is board certified and a diplomat of the American Oral Surgery and is the director of the Division of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at Staten Island University Hospital. Dr. Federman performs TMJ surgical procedures with Dr. David Hoffman as the primary surgeon and Dr. Federman as the assistant surgeon. Dr. Hoffman is considered an expert in technology that has led to cutting the edge improvements in oral surgery. Dr.Hoffman has innovations in oral surgery that includes dental implant surgery and minimally invasive TMJ arthroscopic surgery.
Dr. Federman is married, and he has a son and daughter. He is a diplomat in the American Academy of Orofacial Pain. Dr. Federman is an expert in the diagnosis and treatment of patients who are experiencing facial pain and TMJ pain. Dr. Federman has advanced training and expertise, and multiple facilities that allows his team to determine the best diagnosis and treatment. Dr. Federman has decades of experience in our state of the art facility in Fort Lee, N.J. and he had successfully treated thousands of patients in the diagnosis and treatment of TMJ facial pain disorders and complex restorative dentistry.
Doctor Federman recognizes that temporomandibular joint disorders are difficult to diagnose and treat and usually presents as some form of headache that may be associated with jaw clicking and pain upon jaw opening. Dr. Federman’s expertise is first to diagnose and then, first treat with the most conservative treatment modalities that are available. Our primary goal is diagnosis, treatment, and possibly cure the orofiacial pain disorder of each patient.
Dr. Federman has lectured both domestically and internationally and he was the co-clinical director at New York University School of Dentistry from 1987 to 1997 that included speaking engagement of Dr. Federman to all the students at the New York University of Dentist NYU for continuing education and multiple speaking engagements at the New York Dental Convention in New York City. Conditions that are treated in his office include dental injuries, orofacial pain, TMJ disorders, dental and soft tissue injuries, implant reconstruction, dental-facial assessments, atypical facial pain. Bell palsy trigeminal neuralgia and any TMJ or facial pain disorder.
Dr. Federman is considered an expert in the diagnosis and treatment of injuries associated with the emporomandibular joint and associated dental and facial structures and has a dental team that has restored complex dental restorative procedures with the patients who then have teeth and fully edentulous to patients who are restored with removable prosthetics or permanent implant supported restorative procedures. Dr. Federman is considered an expert in the medico-legal for both plaintiffs and defense for people who had been involved in motor vehicle accidents, as well as full dental injuries and traumatic dental injuries.
Dr. Federman is considered an expert in the field of TMJ and facial pain in the New York Metropolitan area who will make all attempts to properly diagnose and treat TMJ disorders and any restorative needs. If the legal defense is involved, Dr. Federman can provide a forensic examination that could be available for deposition at testimony and perform expert consultations and reports. Dr. Federman also treats TMJ injuries associated with Workman’s Compensation disorders and he will diagnose and treat and give a disability rating associated with this disorder.
Education and Experience
Dr. Fedrman graduated from Georgetown University in 1977, and he has had additional expert training with a residency program at the University of Medicine and Dentistry from 1987 to 1997 in the field of TMJ and facial pain disorders. He is a fellow of the American Academy of Orofacial Pain. He has been in private practice in Fort Lee, New Jersey since 1977 for over 35 years. Our staff is professional, attentive, courteous and focused on making the diagnosis and treatment with our office as pleasant as and experienced possible. Dr. Federman has a full team to properly handle any patient’s problems including the diagnosis and treatment by insurance coordination reimbursement.