What are porcelain veneers?
Porcelain veneers are thin shells of ceramic that bond directly to the front surfaces of the teeth.They are an ideal choice for improving your smile and have become increasingly popular due to their simplicity and versatility.
Placing custom veneers requires a high degree of technical skill as well as attention to cosmetic detail. We place veneers routinely, and design each case individually to match and enhance the characteristics of each patient’s smile.
Will they look like normal teeth?
When bonded to the teeth, the ultra-thin porcelain veneers are virtually undetectable and highly resistant to coffee, tea, or even cigarette stains. For strength and appearance, their resemblance to healthy, white tooth enamel is unsurpassed by other restorative options.
How durable are porcelain veneers?
With proper care, porcelain veneers will brighten your smile for well over a decade.
Dr. Federman will ensure that your veneers are crafted from the highest quality porcelains and are bonded with the most advanced and proven materials available.
Refraining from using your veneers as tools to open and cut things will prolong their life, and if accidental breakage or damage occurs, it is usually possible to replace only the veneer involved.
Having a beautiful smile may be even easier than you think. Many people achieve the look they’ve been dreaming of with our simple “bleaching” procedure.
What are the details of teeth whitening?
It’s safe, quick, and inexpensive. Just let us know at any appointment if you would like to whiten your teeth. You can lighten only your upper teeth or both the upper and lower, depending on how much you show when you talk and smile.
In only a day or two your custom bleach splints will be ready for you to pick up. We provide you with a special bleaching agent that you put into the clear splints. With only a few hours of wear per day, our special bleaching agent bubbles stains right out of your enamel in a very short time without altering tooth structure or existing dental work in any way. When your teeth reach the desired brightness, only occasional treatment is needed to maintain your new smile. We’ll want to take “after” photos at your next appointment.
Dental bleaching can be used to correct tooth discoloration. Discolorations can be caused by staining, aging, or chemical damage to teeth. Using the latest in bleaching technology, we can offer a safe method for creating a beautiful “brilliant” smile. In cases of extreme tooth discoloration, crowns or veneers may be the only choice, but because of the low cost of bleaching treatments, bleaching is nearly always worth a solid try.
How is teeth whitening done?
Key Benefits of Teeth Whitening
- Corrects brown, yellow and spotted tooth staining
- Works on people of any age
- Is a near-permanent solution for a “dull” smile, restoring brightness and brings a smile alive
An impression is taken to make a specialized “mouthguard” or “stent” to hold the bleach against the teeth. The material is used each night for about 3-4 hours for a week or two, and at the end of this time, significant whitening will occur. In some cases, the change is nothing short of brilliant. For confidence in appearance, bleaching technology allows us to promise improvements in yellowing, aging or stained teeth. For very severely stained teeth, crowns or porcelain veneers may be more appropriate.
Considerations for Teeth Whitening
Over-the-counter bleaching agents are available for purchase at drug stores and pharmacies. However, since these products can cause harm to the gums and teeth, it’s better to use products that our practice recommends.
Invisible dental teeth aligners brackets used to align each tooth in cosmetic dentistry for patients.
The invisible way to straighten your teeth without braces. To discuss Invisalign, please feel free to contact us to schedule an appointment.
For information on Invisalign, please visit www.invisalign.com.
- Invisalign uses a series of clear removable aligners to straighten your teeth without metal wires or brackets.
- The aligners are made through a combination of Drs. Goldweit or Federman’s expertise and 3-D computer imaging technology.
- You wear each set of aligners for about 2 weeks, removing them only to eat, drink, brush, and floss.
- As you replace each aligner with the next in the series, your teeth will move – little by little, week by week – until they have straightened to the final position Drs. Goldweit or Federman has prescribed.
- You’ll visit Drs. Goldweit or Federman about once every 6 weeks to ensure that your treatment is progressing as planned.
- Total treatment time averages 9 – 15 months and the average number of aligners worn during treatment is between 18 and 30, but both will vary from case to case.